From:
christine belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:33:05 -0700
Hello!

I read in a book about Quaker parrots that you shouldn't even get a
Quaker if you have a ferret.  However, my boss, (I work at a small
business pet shop) has had and raised many many birds and she says that
it would be okay if I just kept everyone separate.  Now I have two rats
as well, and I have managed to discourage any interest by the cats and
the ferrets in the rats so far.  My question is that if I have a clipped
(wings), companion Quaker in a a separate part if the house what dangers
would I need to watch out for?  Would it be similar to keeping my ferts
and cats from getting to interested in my rats?  If anyone can help, let
me know.  The ratties, by the way, were drop offs at the pet store and I
just thought they were so great that they came home with me to be loved.
They both deserve it, and have thrived, despite occaisional visits from
pointy weasels outside their cage!  *sniff sniff* "Hey ma, what's these?
No, no, don't take me away!  ARGH!  It took forever to get up there!!!!"

thanks guys,
christine

Mab, Dustbin (ferts)
Marg-Rat, Nina (ratties)