From:
TROFEO91 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:44:51 EST
I am so proud of myself!  I've been reading on the FML about Midwest
cages/condos and got the bug to remodel Beau & Nilla's.  I called Midwest
and decided that $9.50/shelf was a little ridiculous.  So...... Menards (I'm
in Grand Rapids, MI) had 8' shelving on sale for $7.84.  I went down and
bought a sheet, had them cut 4 pieces 22 1/2 inches long, bought a couple of
packages of screw hooks and came home.  Piece of cake.  I only needed 2 of
the shelves tho.  Oh well, save it for later.  Now they have an extra shelf
at the top and in the middle.  I used a piece of black PVC pipe I had and
used rings to hang them on the back side of the cage so they could get from
there to there.  Looks great!!!!!  I just need to get a couple of pieces of
carpet remnants for the shelves 'cus it's a little slippery.

The jury (Beau & Nilla) is still out.  Beau didn't deal with the change real
well.  He couldn't quite figure it out so he pouted.  Nilla took it in
stride.  They were both tired from playing during the remodeling so I'm sure
while I'm not home today, they'll have time to work it out.

Had to share................

Dee