From:
Barbara Ludt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:16:33 -0400
Just a reminder, our Branch Shelter will be participating in the Clay
County Humane Society's "Park in the Bark" event this coming Saturday,
October 2nd.

Anyone still interested in entering our RAFFLE to benefit the Shelter
(Prizes: $25 Blockbuster Gift Certificate; $20 Wal-Mart/Sam's Club Gift
Certificate; Etched Glass Frame), please be sure to mail in time to arrive
here by Saturday AM....Please send $1/ticket (or 6 tickets for $5) to:
Barbara Ludt, Director, NE FL Branch, P.O. Box 984, Penney Farms, FL
32079-0984.  Thank you!

I'll check my P.O. Box on my way to Lake Asbury (and anyone who has sent
$1/chance to date, should get a confirming email sometime today (Monday)
with your Raffle numbers, etc.  Been a busy week with eight ferrets taken
in last week alone; many needing special care....so I haven't been to the
Shelter's POB in almost two weeks.... I appreciate your patience and
understanding...)

For any Greater Jacksonville area ferret folks who may want to participate
in the Dog Walk/Pet Fair...here's a quick rundown: "Bark in the Park" is
planned to be a FUN day for people and their pets.  Registration begins at
8 AM for the Dog Walk (Pre-Register $20; Same day registration $25).
Rescue and vendor booths open at 9 AM.

There will be a one-mile walk (beginning at 9 AM) through the wooded trails
of the beautiful 90-acre Ronnie Van Zant Memorial Park (2760 Sandridge
Road, Lake Asbury).  Walkers are eligible for contests like "Dog and Owner
Look Alike" and "Best Pet Trick"; "Most $ Raised by an (a) Adult and (b)
Child (12 and under).  All participants will receive a dog walk t-shirt and
goodie bag with coupons and treats.  After the walk, participants can visit
the animal rescue and vendor booths which consist of everything from
groomers and invisible fencing to pet caricatures and, of course, our
Shelter's educational booth (we now have Jeanne Carley's Y2K calendars in
stock for sale!  As well as a few other ferret-related goodies...)

Later, onlookers can watch demonstrations by Pals and Paws Agility Club
(11:30 AM) and the Jacksonville Dog & Disc Club (12:00 noon).  There will
be Raffles and Door Prizes and the Event's emcee is local radio
personality, Steve Sutton from 95.1 the "Big Ape Morning Zoo"!

We are looking forward to an enjoyable day in the park (no "live" ferrets
at the event, please!)...and meeting our many Shelter supporters and
ferrety friends.  Stop by our booth and say, "Hi!"....and get to meet
JACKIE HAWLEY, our newest Jax resident/Shelter operator, too!

For The Ferrets,
Barbara Ludt, Director
NE Florida Branch/SFFC&R Inc.