Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:27:26 -0600
Hello!  This is my very first posting and by no means is it meant to be
offensive to anyone and I'm hoping you can hear my sincerity b/c that is
truly what I wish to convey - here goes . . .

I am a PROUD NEW MOMMY (as of this past Jan.) to a pair of beautiful
4 1/2 yr. old fuzzies (Sasha, sable female and Snowball, albino male)
who, between the two of them, have recently begun showing signs of
adrenal, insulinoma, and possibly also cardiomyopathy.  Needless to say,
I've been having a difficult time coming to grips with this b/c I've just
fallen so head over heals in love with my kiddos and they are very close
to my heart!

I REALLY depend on their companionship and cuddles and warm, sloppy, wet
kisses and silliness to help me deal with some other pressing issues in
my life (I'm graduating from college in May after 7 LONG years of school
and have been unemployed now for about 8 months; I'm dealing with the
end of a very difficult long-distance relationship break-up, planning
an upcoming move from Missouri to Seattle in the summer, and just found
out that my sister is having baby #2 any day now, just to name a few
things...)

So, YES my fuzzies and I really depend on each other right now - Anyway,
I just want everyone to know that it has been extremely "theraputic" to
read the humor in many of the stories posted on here, ESP. the stuff
about "red poop" concerns (i.e. Christine's story about Crayola-eating
fert was HILARIOUS and Heidi's story about her fert stashing TWIZZLERS
was a RIOT - I'm STILL chuckling!)

My fuzzbutts are the love of my life but unfortunately(?) are very well
behaved and mellow (always use the litterbox, don't steal anything,
rarely go in the "forbidden zones", don't ever bite but sometimes softly
nip during playtime and sometimes I can't even GET them stirred!) but I
never ever tire of watching them peacefully sleep together in all kinds
of contorted positions or do their occasional "dancing" and jumping on
each other and I take every chance I can get to cuddle with them and
rock them to sleep and get my kisses on demand ...

By no means do I want to downplay the seriousness of some of these
stories b/c I know that both of those incidents could have been
potentially harmful health issues and I would be in a panic and bouncing
off the walls if either of my kiddos began pooping odd-colored substances
(I am learning however not to be so anal and overprotective like most new
mommies).

BUT I must admit that reading all of the funny stories and tales of fert
escapades has reminded me how much I need to let loose and laugh every
now and then and not be so stressed about everything going on around me
in my world.

So I guess I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has so
kindly and willingly shared their hilarous fuzzbutt tales for the benefit
of others like me who need a spirit-lifting from time to time :-)

I hope I have not offened ANYONE but rather made it clear that the humor
I've read has been quite beneficial for us humans!

Thanks again - keep 'em coming!

Happily Owned by Sasha and Snowy . . .
Jennifer