From:
Don Moffett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 09:27:28 -0500
Dear Other Ferret Lovers,

I have three ferrets, Sarah (white head, not sure her breed, just over a
year), Thaddeus (sable,about 9 months) and Benjamin (silver mitt, about 3
1/2 months).  Bennie was so great in the beginning.  He went in his corners
without any training and we praised him greatly.  He nipped a little but
never actaully bit hard.  We snapped him on the nose if his biting is too
intense.

Now he regularly deficates and urinates in the middle of his cage (which is
cleaned regularly, at least once daily) and in the other corners of the
apartment he never went in before.  He even went once on my couch.

He is by far the most hyper of my three ferrets at his age.  I'm not exactly
sure what to do now.  He doesn't respond to either negative discipline
(flicking  of his nose) or positive discipline (giving him treats).  I dread
banning only him from the furniture and certain rooms of the apartment
because it won't be fair to the others who like to play and sleep with him.

If anyone could please advise me on what to do if they had the same
experiences.  He's a completely different ferret than the others were at
his age.

Thanks in advance,

Don Moffett

[log in to unmask]   (home e-mail)