From:
Another Ferret Mom & Dad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:11:48 -0400
I often read posts talking they had to force feed their ferret.  How
exactly do you force feed a fert that refused to eat, eat anything at all?

With Georgie, he wouldn't eat the ferret food, the food his old mommy fed
him, duck soup, nothing.  I have him eating now, but should he decided to
not eat again, how do you force feed?

Everyone is doing well playing with Georgie, they play with him, snuggle
with him, only one problem (sigh), Sharkie, our little deaf girl.  She will
crawl in with him, and start biting his back, and digging in his back, to
the point where he screams, so I take her out for a while, until Georgie
falls asleep, then put her back in and keep her from going to the level
he is on, but she is quick.  She will wake up from a dead sleep if I put
Georgie in their cage, and do this digging on his back.  I've tried tone on
the back, bitter apple, nothing helps with her.  Everyone else has accepted
him, just her giving him the problem.

Any suggestions on the force feeding and with Sharkie please email me
direct.

Thank you all.  Dooks to all.
Another Ferret Mom & Dad