Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:54:53 -0500
Howdy Y'all!  I am troubled today.  I don't know why I wanted to look at
Vex's teeth but I did.  (Probably because he takes a bite of food then goes
to the water bottle with it in his mouth).  I was very upset to find that
some of his teeth are little nubs.  The canines are blunter than the other
ferret's, as well as all the other teeth except for the rear molars (I'm
assuming they are called molars in ferrets) which still have some points.

There are a few possibilities here, I have never met an old ferret so I
don't know if their teeth become duller with age.  Perhaps he gnawed on
things when he was younger or they just broke off some how.  But I have
the feeling that his teeth were purposely filed down.  I think this mainly
because his canines should still have more of a point to them even if he is
just old.  This ticks me off very much.  I am taking him to the vet Tuesday
for shots and will ask the vet for his opinion.

The person my cousin got Vex from had found him running across the street
in some neighborhood about 6 months ago so there is no way for me to go
kick someone's tail for doing this to him.

Vex seems to be in good health otherwise.  He is thin but not "bad" thin,
he is muscular.  He does go to sleep earlier than the others to (about
20-30 minutes after being let out, sometimes sooner).  He is also missing
a toe nail but Jasper ripped one of his out a while back, it grew back.  I
consider the missing nail an accident.

I hope that he is just old, I can accept that.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Laura- Tavi, Booger, Jasper, Pharaoh and Vex