From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 22:03:38 EST
Hi, everybody!  I want to thank whoever it was who posted with the idea of
serving ferrets peanut butter in a film canister.  My ferrets love it!
While experimenting with this, though, I gave myself a nasty scare.  Here's
what happened:

I put my two boys, Scooter Pie and Paddington Bear, to bed in their three
story cage with a film canister of peanut butter on the botto floor of the
cage, next to their "J" feeder.  The next morning, when I came out to greet
them, Scooter was asleep at the top of the cage in the sleeping bag, and
Paddington Bear was lying *very still* on the bottom of the cage, with his
head craned at a weird angle at the J feeder.

I started to panic, and I called "Paddington, PADDINGTON" a couple of times.
No response.  So, I SCREAMED, "Oh, my God, Paddington!" and I l lunged for
the door latch.  Poor Paddington jumped about a mile, and I jumped about a
mile right after him.  Turns out the film canister had become lodged under
the angle of the J-feeder, and Paddington had been focussing quite intently
on trying to lick the peanut butter out of it anyway.

Needless to say, I took him out of the cage and covered him in kisses (I
got several peanut-butter-scented kisses back myself!) I stuffed a
washcloth under the angle in back of the J-feeder so we won't have this
problem again - I think it aged me about five years right there!

Dooks and peanut-butter-scented kisses to all,

Ela, Paddington Bear and Scooter Pie