From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:07:24 EDT
The kids use their litter box in the cage oh...75% of the time.  The
other 25% they use the corner next to it...

The cage is handmade, really nice... Well, when I'd clean off the floor I
would scrub so hard that the piant would come off.  SO I brainstormed for
a while... thought about putting in laminate floor, but since I pull up
each floor to clean, I thought that leaving a seam along the edge of the
laminate flooring might be a problem.  (figured it would soak up urine
andd maybe would be harder to get out) so I bought water based wood
sealant.  I haven't had the time to coat it yet (took me 7 hours just to
paint half of it with the first coat of paint!  Still haven't painted the
back or the rest of the inside!  Never enough time!)  Anyway in the mean
time since I was painting it and had to pull everything out anyway I did
their laundry and when I reassembled it so they could go back in I tossed
one of their sleep sacks on the floor right where they were going potty.
I hadn't thought of it before and I don't know why.  Probably because it
seemed too simple and my fuzzies can't have anything simple... usually.
It seems to have been my miracle answer though!  The corners been clean
all week!!  We threw a poop party last night to celebrate a cage cleaning
that didn't require scraping/scrubbing and grumbling!  Had a blast! :-)
Raisins for everyone!  (except those of us that think they look creepy!)
Now to get them to stop using the upstairs floor next to the closet!  The
fun never ends!