From:
Michael Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:02:58 -0500
The other day I posted a rather short response to the Petersen's comment,
"We've never had to pay for our listing in the shelters section."  My
response was that Ferrets magazine doesn't charge, but Modern Ferret does.

That's not 100% accurate.  Ferrets magazine has a shelter resource listing
in the back of every issue for which there is a charge, similar to Modern
Ferret.  What Ferrets magazine has is a major shelter/contact listing in
the Ferrets USA annual and most recently, in the May/June issue of Ferrets
magazine, for which they did not charge.  At least I was not asked to pay
for my listing so I doubt anyone else was charged.  I couldn't say whether
or not this free listing is destined to be a regular feature.  As it is
currently six pages long, that doesn't seem likely.

My apologies to Modern Ferret if I made them look like the bad guys,
charging money tight shelters when Ferret Magazine gives free listings.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*