From:
Lea Statler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 1996 23:26:13 -0500
Jessica Woodward.
>Freud is better
>Help!

About the litterpan.  I now have 3 ferrets, but when we just had Charlie is
cleaned the pan atleast twice a day, now it's 4 or 5 times a day.  When we
brought Kiki home we had trouble getting them both to use the litterpan.  If
the pan was in one corner, then they would go in the other one.  So, we out
smarted the ferrets.  My SO cut up a hanger and made a hook that ran under
the cage.

?      ?  OK that's the best l could do.
|______|

This is for the front of a corner pan.  He the add a piece that when over
the top /\ so that it couldn't be moved.  We stuffed towls on both sides to
help with misses.  I hope you understand this.  Basicly it covers the area,
so they have no chocies where to go.  I know it might have been easyer to
buy a pan that was small enought to fit in the cage, but still cover that
area.  I looked they don't make them.  (Hint, Hint, push, shove to anyone
out there who could make something like that?)

Another note...Good News!!!

I just got a call from the Dir.  of the Las Cruces HS.  She told me that I
would be called if a ferret was brought in and I would be able to take the
ferret sick or not!!  All calls about ferrets would be directed to me.  I'm
so happy about this.  They didn't put down the ferrets unless the ferret was
to old or nippy or was concered not a good adoption canidate(what ever that
is).  From reading this list I have learned that with alittle love and a lot
of work all ferrets can be good pets.  THANK YOU all, So, why didn't anyone
tell me about the Spring fever before they got it.  Charlie tho sick is
running around for 4 hours at a time and l do mean running, I would think he
just ate a nodoz by the way he's getting into everthing.  It hasn't hit the
girls yet, but when it does.  May God have merce upon me.

Charlie(She got the pictures back and you Where sleeping with the emeny)
Kiki(Where just waiting for Charlie to get well, them we attack anything
     that moves)
Riki(l told you l was just getting him to relax and well my eyes closed)
Lea(Very worried about Charlie and very afraid of KIKI)