From:
JANICE GONZALES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:51:11 -0600
I don't know if there are any ferrets that are in need of being evacuated
from any of the areas that the fires are threatening at this time.  I want
to say that first.  This is one of the main reasons for the MOM's group
in Denver Colorado.  We want to help ferrets in need or in an emergency
anywhere in Colorado.  If the need arises I need people that would help
transport ferrets that are in need of being evacuated because of the
fires.  I am sending an SOS out to the FML because this is going to be a
long hot summer and more fires will be blowing up in the months to come.
I need a list of people who would be willing to transport at a seconds
notice that live close enough to any of the fire areas.  We are in a
severe drought and there will be more fires.  I am sure that many people
living especially in the mountain areas that are the most prone to fires
have ferrets.  To anyone living in Colorado and is now threatened or may
be threatened by fire and have to evacuate, please know that the MOM's
group are here to help in any way that we can.

If you can transport or help in any way please email me [log in to unmask] or
call me at 303-474-1365 and leave a message if I am not at home.

Jan, the ferret Mom of many.