From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:28:12 -0400
It has been very quiet at the Bridge these past few days, and No. 421
was busy getting himself ready for winter. While it was very warm most
of the time, the ferrets could still ski down the cloudbanks and slide
around the big cotton candy puffs when the weather cooled a bit. No.
421 loved to ski, and was just getting his skis ready.

He was just finishing up his chores when there was a knock on the door.
Oliver, No. 421's currier was standing there all out of breath.

"Hey, stop your work and come with me," Oliver said. "We has an
unexpected fuzzie comin' in today."

No. 421 brushed his hair, no hope to get that to look right today, and
hurried into his clean shirt. The two ferrets walked quickly to the
Rainbow Bridge.

The Receiving Angel had a cute little girl ferret angel in training
waiting for No. 421.

"I'se here with this paper," she said smiling sweetly at No. 421. "As
far as we know, we don't have to look up anybody."

No. 421 took the ticket, made his mark, and told the Angel in training
to go back and he would take care of everything.

The Bridge began to sway, and there was a clunking sound. A very
handsome albino ferret was dragging a blue blanket and several water
bottles over the rough-hewn planks.

"Hello, who goes there," said No. 421. "Identify yourself."

"H-H-Hello, I be Thor, and I'm lost," the big handsome fellow said. "I
was in a white room, and went to sleep, and here I am. Where am I now,
and where is Aggie?"

"Greetings Son," said No. 421. "You are at the Rainbow Bridge, and this
will be your new forever home. I'm Bridge Greeter No. 421, and this is
my currier Oliver."

He sure is a handsome fellow, No. 421 thought. This should send some
ripples through the Meadow of Dreams.

Thor looked as though he might cry.

Just then No. 421 heard some giggles, and saw some bushes move. Several
little girl ferrets ran away after sneaking a peak at the handsome
Albino.

No. 421 thought to himself, that Thor would have no trouble fitting
right in. The girls were already aware that the handsome boy had
arrived.

No. 421 took Thor by the paw and led him aside.

"Welcome to your new home," No. 421 said. "Pack up your gear, and I'll
take you to the Meadow of Dreams. We will find you a mound to live in
until your family comes to meet you."

Thor picked up his blue blanket and bottles and started walking down
the path with No. 421.

"Hey, could I let my Mom and Dad, my Friend Tonks and my cage mate
Angie know that I have arrived safely?" said Thor. "I don't want them
to worry about me, 'cause I feel fine now, and I don't hurt anymore."

"Sure," said No. 421.

He sent a passing Butterfly to tell the Shooting Star he had a job for
him.

"Tonight, when the stars come out, one will be twinkling brighter than
all the rest," No. 421 said. "He will be shining down on your earthly
family and they will know you are safe here."

When they arrived at the Meadow of Dreams, several girl ferrets, with
their coats washed and brushed to a shine, were waiting. The smell of
fresh baked raisin treats drifted on the air.

No. 421 introduced Thor to the girls who invited him to sit at their
mound and enjoy a treat after his long journey. They brought him a
glass of water laced with ferretone. They all smiled and gushed over
him, asking if he needed anything and could they help him in any way.

The Shooting Star positioned himself in the sky to wait until the sun
went down, and No. 421 and Oliver slipped quietly away.

As the sun dipped low in the sky laughter and happy talk could be heard
drifting across the Meadow. As handsome as Thor is, he will have no
trouble at all thought No. 421. Every ferret should be so lucky.

So ended another day at the Rainbow Bridge. No. 421 went down the path,
lit by several fireflies, to his bungalow to make his supper, and
invited Oliver to dine with him.

Oliver, happy for the company accepted and went to get a pail of water.

No.421 signed in his log for the day.

Mission complete, No. 421, greeting your ferrets at the Rainbow Bridge.