Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:13:38 -0700
I know most here will understand this craziness.

I received so many great suggestions for a Dig Box, privately and on
list. However, *you* have made me into a possessed woman.

Dig Box has now become a major project.

We have a nice covered, lattice enclosed wooden deck/porch off our
living room. It has a southwest exposure. Here in Reno, NV that means
hot on summer afternoons, nice on a lot of winter afternoons.

I am going to turn this 12' X 24' area into a play area for the
ferrets.

Some playpen panels anchored around the lattice walls, placed a safe
distance from the lattice *toe holds* to prevent climbing.

Strips of vinyl flooring along the edges/corners for dookie.

A wading pool with water.

Tubes, maybe like Todd and Caff-Pow have.

A box with sod grass to dig.

A box full of safe *stuff*, maybe I'll add the assortment of ideas
from all of you.

Rollup bamboo shades, although the lattice provides quite a bit.

Sleeping boxes, open sleeping areas.

A wireless electronic temperature device that beeps to let me know
when the high/low temp gets to a certain point. I have one for my
Desert Tortoises, it works great.

This room will give them a alternative to the play area indoors. I
gave up a dining room for them, but the back porch can keep the
redwood table and benches. We can still eat, yay!!

A sliding glass door opens to this porch, so I can keep an eye on them.
If I get brave enough to trust a baby monitor to alert me to anything
amiss, I may let them sleep out there on nice summer nights.

Ardith
gathering her tools