From:
Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:48:18 EST
[Moderator's note: This was originally posted *somewhere* (but not here)
by Kim Rushing <[log in to unmask]>

Both Jamie Mitchell <[log in to unmask]> and <[log in to unmask]>
forwarded it to me, but I held it until I knew who actually posted it
to begin with!  I figured it wouldn't do much good to post it unless
we knew who it was from!  Thank you both for responding.

This does seem to be a serious situation...sigh.   BIG]

Crossposted with permission:

Hey Folks...

Time to be serious for a second.

Looks like its raining ferrets again.

A breeder on the East coast is very gravely ill, and needs to give up her
young and healthy stock.  She's keeping her oldsters and any ill ferrets
she might have.

Guess where they're coming?  To scenic New Jersey.

Yep, they're coming here.  Not here as in my home, but here as in my
veterinarian's office.  They'll be staying there until they are ADV
tested, neutered/spayed, and up to date on their vaccinations.

Barb will be transporting them here in the afternoon.

How many of "them"?  Oh, twentyfive/thirty?

So, obviously I need some help.

They all need ADV testing.  That is $242.00.  I'm begging for that.  I
want to get them ADV tested ASAP so they can then head into surgery to be
neutered/spayed.  If you like, you can sponsor one ferret...which means
you pay $8.50 for their ADV test, and an amount to be determined at a
later date for their de-sexing...(my vet is working with me and hasn't
come up with a solid amount yet) and you're the hero.

I need help.  I am perfectly able to care for these ferrets on my own,
meaning cleaning/feeding/playing/watering...but the money part..that's
where I hate to have to do it, but I have to beg.

Please feel free to cross post this.

You can paypal me donations to <A
Or, you can send it to the clinic at:

All Pets Vet
907 Boulevard Route 50
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
609-625-8000

Mark the check for account #11.

Nothing like one last big ass rescue before I become an honest woman.

If anyone is interested in adopting a late neuter/spay ferret...please
keep these kids in mind.

More information/photos to come tomorrow.  [Nothing about that yet.  BIG]

[Kim Rushing <[log in to unmask]>]