From:
mark bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:13:55 -0800
against petco.  I have visited this chain in many states and there are
some that are run well but that is the minority NOT the majority.  As for
my rant being against private pet stores you are WRONG !!!  With more
overhead the mom and pop pet stores are run better than petco as they ,
the private stores have to keep their livestock healthy as they can not
recover revenues so easily where as petco figures in loss as a business
cost and is used to offset taxes.  If petco losses a ferret it doesn't
really matter as much .  So stop saying I'm against the private shops ,
I'm for them and that is where we need to take our business period!!

I know there are private shops that are not run as well but most go out
of their way to provide a clean , disease free environment.  My 1st 2
ferrets were not marshal farms and were bought at a private shop and
they lived to over 9 years without surgeries or fancy diets .  I fed
them maxcat kitten formula because at that time the only ferret food
on the market was mink chow and this made their white coats yellow.

OK, fire away .
FERRETER