From:
Nancy Brenny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:25:21 -0500
I would like to respond to Sue who wrote and said basically that pet stores
are completely responsible for too young ferrets.  First of all I work in a
pet store and we get ferrets from Marshal, we do not get more babies until
the last one is sold.  Even if that ferret is 12 or 13 weeks old.  Ferrets,
like other animals are separated from their mother and siblings at a young
age.  One of the biggest reasons is because they will start inbreeding if
you don't separate them.  So of course ferrets and other animals are sold a
young age like 6 of 7 weeks.  So before you go off and blaming all the pet
stores, maybe you should look at nature.  Most pet stores are not going to
want an animal that may die because they are too young.

Karen