From:
jeffrey meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 06:46:54 -0500
I would like to say I'm so happy to see that people relize the dangers of
the midwest ferret cage.  I wasn't going to post what I had seen as a result
of those cages but I think I had better.  I have seen 3 ferret deaths and 2
spinal cord injuries from falls as a result of people having unmodified
midwest cages.  I have one of them my self but I put in another full level
in it using coated wire mesh and electrical zip strips.  I made a removable
latter from the wire mesh as well.  With a little help its a nice cage but
as is its dangerous.

Jeff and the main gang