From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:04:41 -0400
>Did I get your attention?  I recently posted a few questions to the
>FML, and for the SECOND time, I got but a few results that came to
>a dead end. What is the use to subscribe if people aren't willing
>to help!!  Not enough time in the day?  I just have to sound off on
>this subject.  I find this a concern.  How many other people does
>this happen to??

Lisa, this is a public forum, read and contributed to by interested
individuals.  These are not paid support personnel - they are not even
volunteers, but the general public.  You are not "owed" an answer.
Sometimes you get answers, sometimes you don't.  This is the nature of
public mailing lists.  It is the way it always has been and always will be.

It sounds from the above ("I got but a few results") like you DID get
some answers but were not happy with them.  Is this OUR fault?  You're a
responsible pet owner - look around for answers.  Don't expect the FML to
solve all of your problems for you.  Verbally abusing the membership here
as above will NOT endear you to the readership.

> Peanut = very edgy attitude, doesn't like to be touched or picked

Don't be angry at her.  Do you get angry at a rebellious teen?  If that's
her personality, learn to deal with it.  Have you considered that she
might be in pain and that it hurts to be picked up?  You posted before
that she has lost a lot of weight and might be sick.  (I had to search
for it, too.  I did not remember your posts.)

>I, too, have a problem with ferrets repeatedly pooping outside of
>the cage.  No matter how much I scold, clean or yell.  They will
>literally back into a corner right in front of me!  I have litter
>boxes outside of the cage, yet they will poop RIGHT NEXT TO the
>box!!  What to do?

Don't scold and yell.  Ferrets respond to praise, not criticism.  Simply
put them in the litter box and reward after.  Try changing the type of
litter.  Try different kinds of litter pans.  Put down paper so their
misses aren't so bad.  Realize that they are never going to be 100%.

Most of all, learn a little patience.  Every sentence of this post
suggests that you do not have enough of it, either for us or your fuzzies.

Roger, Digger, Bear, Fox, Sniffles and The Runt