Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 22:46:15 -0700
OK by now I hope the majority of you were able to receive and read your
"Ferret Mother's Day" Hallmark e-card.  (For those of you who did not
receive the card, that is only because I did not have your email address
and in no way reflects that you weren't deserving).

The purpose was simple:
We live in such a fast-paced, over worked, under paid, over committed,
over taxed, busy, CRAZY world now (with no end in sight it seems) these
days!  Consequently, all too often the good, memorable, lasting, and
truly important things (AND people) in life go un noticed and fall by the
wayside... So, my card was hopefully a reminder (as small a token it was,
in comparison) that the time, love, energy, money, and effort given to
ferrets everywhere is NOT in vain and hasn't gone unnoticed so I
sincerely hope that's the message each of you received :-)

And for the overwheling amount of 'thank you's' I've received, I would
like to, in turn, reciprocate my gratitude for your replies HERE since
I may not have time to answer everyone individually (although I will
make my best effort).  Thank you for taking the time to share your
appreciation as well and share your stories!  The replies really warmed
MY heart!

BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE! PLEASE READ ON . . . .  I need EVERYONE'S
assistance to complete the SECOND PART of this goal.  In my initial plan,
I said I would make a contribution to my "ferret donation fund" for each
email address I received of a special ferret mommy and then donate the
total amount collected to a well-deserved ferret shelter.  Well, I
received over 200 hundred names/email addresses and the problem is that
there are so many 'well-deserving" and needy ferret caretakers and
shelters that I can't possibly make that decision on my own!

SOOOOO.... I am asking for all of you to send me a "brief" email (please
limit to 2-3 paragraphs)including the following information, to help me
make the best informed decision, and I will then announce the reciepient
on the FML:

1. Who do you think shoud be the receipient?
2. WHY that potential reciepient? What makes him/her unique?
3. What is/are that potential reciepient's most current, pressing needs
   (besides money)?
4. How long has that potiential receipient been working with ferrets?

DEADLINE for submissions will be May 20th (so I can send the donation
prior to Memorial Day at the end of the month).  Don't delay - get those
emails to me ASAP please and title the subject header of the email: "FML
Nomination"

THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!

Jennifer and the "3 Amigos"  :-)