From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:54:15 -0800
We have Border Collies and Australian Shepherds, who get along fine with
all the ferrets, as well as any other creatures we happen to be fostering.
As a matter of fact, when we take ferrets to the park, it is two of the
Borders who keep them together.  Each dog has "his" special ferret, and
is "assigned" that fert to watch- under our supervision, of course, and
follows the fert around, and will even pick them up gently and bring them
back if they get too far.  The ferrets are fine with this- they go limp.
Now, I don't recommend this- it has taken ALOT of training, but for our
needs it works fine.  Maybe we could have ferret herding trials?