From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:20:14 -0400
Our hospice ferrets could not be in better hands than with their
trusted Moms & Dads. I just got word that Ivy with a full belly climbed
into her sack and took a forever nap. There is something so special
about a gift like that. Two this year have left that way, loved with
full bellies and then drifted off to Rainbow Bridge. I only know that
when it is my time-- I hope I go just that way. Mom Marilyn is a very
special lady-- she provides the love & security that allow these little
cast off souls to peacefully pass on.. and that is one special gift.

So to our new angel Ivy at 8.5 years who saw the shelter too many
times-- and to her ANGEL Marilyn, I can only say Thank you and well
done.

I am sure elder sister Holly will be grief stricken-- the two arrived
in the same breeder rescue from MD in Nov 0f 1999 at age 9 mos... they
survived a rough start - shelter life then an adopted home .- Both
survived a house fire during the holiday season of 2004 and then were
brought back to the shelter. It was only fate that Mom Marilyn had an
opening when they arrived... Now poor Holly has only hospice Mom to
console her.. and she and Mom Marilyn are both in my prayers at this
time.

Hospice care is time consuming, heart wrenching and a full time job
on top of work tasks to survive. I thank each and every hospice home
past & present for the love, energy and support you have shown to our
orphaned ferret kids.

You have all earned your wings in my opinion.

ALicia , shelter Mom
www.ferretwise.org