From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:41:49 -0500
Hello, this is Mrs. Phyllis (The Fair) Babyface Ferret.  My husband,
Mr. Buckaroo Babyface Ferret and I are the next-cage neighbors of the
Mr. and Mrs. MacDuff Ferrets here at the Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.
My Buckie-Cuddles doesn't have his lower two front teeth (it makes him
lisp, you understand) so he was shyer than I was about announcing these
thanks.  The neighbors, Maggie Mae and Duff MacDuff Ferrets have had a
big sloshy bowl of their home-made duck soup and are loudly snoring.
Especially Mrs. Maggie, but I hope you don't tell her that when she
wakes, for she's a gum-toothed terror about nipping other ferrets over
every little thing, even happily married ferrets such as we are!  What
happened was there was a very bothersome hurricane named Dennis which
blew down the power substations all near our area and we were without
power for a week, after it.  I only remember being in half a faint much
of the time, awakened by our humans taking us to bathe in cooling water
several times every day so we didn't cook to death.  One of us died from
pneumonia complications, anyway, and they were broken hearted as they
always are when any of us Crosses Over.  They swore a Great Vow (I think
by the old Ferret-Goddess, MafDet .  Well, she was the mongoose-es
Goddess, but them mongoose-es are so much like us, that my great
granddam-Ferret said she's ours, too!  So there.) that this shall not
happen to any of us again, and began a Generator Fund drive for this
shelter.  Thanks to donators of every amount from a single dollar to
several hundred, they're getting this project moving.  A licensed
electrician recommended a load test be done first, so we have some sort
of appointment to have this done.  Plus, yesterday we were visited by a
fireman from our local firehouse on his own off-duty time who said he
and his shift-buddies would help lay in the concrete for the generator to
be set up on, besides helping with the half-destroyed fence and helping
haul off the heavy logs from the trees still down since that time.
Firemen and women are Really Wonderful folks!

Here is the latest list of yet more really wonderful folks, some of them
are YOU!, who have also donated to our Sanctary's Generator Fund.  If I
mis-say or repeat any already-been-thanked persons, please forgive an
aged old grand-lady Ferret.

These are the latest Generator Fund contributors worthy of many and
sincere thanks fm every ferret-body who lives here...

Angela Hamberg, Dawna Kraus, Sydney Chadwyke, Karen Ludwig, Cindy Jaro,
Debbie McPherson, Mary Hogan, Brian Swords, Sean Brown, Mr. and Mrs.
Wright.

If anyone might still like to make a donation to us, please make your
donations out to
The Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.
3815 Tom Lane Drive,
Pensacola, Florida, 32504
 ...or, if you prefer to use a PayPal route, there are several PayPal
"make a donation" buttons here...
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html

Thank you for reading this, too.  Even your thoughts and prayers help
all of us, here.