From:
Nikitalk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:45:24 -0500
hi,
my two ferrets also come running when i squeak the rubber toy and they, too,
tend to, when possible, bite ME instead of the toy.  I wonder if the sound
of the toy sounds like the sound of their offspring in distress, and the
older ones come to its rescue.  Whenever I squeak the toy and do NOT give
them the opportunity to bite my arm, they grab the toy very carefully and
gentle with their teeth and carry it to their den.

Any ideas if that might be true?

Emma with Chili & Paws