From:
Shea Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:05:33 EDT
>I'm forwarding a spam mail from someone who is apparently using FML email
>addresses for their personal gain--without our permission, of course!  I
>don't know this guy from Adam...

This site is for real........I've had correspondence with Joe for two
days now, and all he is wanting to do is make a site for himself with
information about ferrets.  He has some neat links (webcams and virtual
ferrets) and while not being as great as some, it's an alright page.

Why would you just assume his invitation was spam mail???  He's posted to
the FML list before!!!

Shea & Trixie

[Moderator's note: He has never posted to the FML, at least not with that
address.  Nor is such a person subscribed.  It's generally considered good
practice to make announcements (like new web sites) on appropriate mailing
lists, not to email people directly when no previous business or personal
relationship existed.  BIG]