Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:50:33 -0500
After a two month fight with insulinoma, and a growth in above his ear
drum, Samson was allowed to cross the bridge tonight.

I noticed Sammy having trouble peeing and pooping.  He strained to pee when
I held him.  When I shampooed him yesterday, he forced a poop.  I looked at
his rectal area and there was something odd.  I wasn't able to discern what
it was.

I called the vet and took him in at 3:45PM, July 5.  The vet found a tumor
on his penis, and the blockage across the rectal muscle was a mast cell
tumor.  At 4:30 PM, he went into emergency exploratory surgery.  The vet
called to say, his pancreas was all one tumor.  He lymphoma, and the weight
gain was fat from the pred.

I told her to leave him cross the bridge.  He was the second ferret to come
out from the Rick Robbin's "Robins nest".  There is an empty cage tonight,
a medicine tray with no one to use it.  And a shelter mom whom has never
wanted so much to be able to "kill" one man as she does now.

Hug your kids tonight.

Sammy, you will forever be missed.  Say look up Bob Martin, he will care
for you.  Did you have to take my heart with you.