From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:46:20 -0700
I have a couple of health questions.

Boris has come up with a mysterious illness for the second time in about a
year.

Antiobiotics seem to knock it out.  This time I noticed that when drinking,
after his squirt of amoxi, after eating/swallowing he would shake his head
around and repeatedly do that peanut butter thing with his mouth.  Now I
have wondered if Boris doesn't have chronic tummy/intestinal problems of
some kind.  He has a tendency to go hungry for as long as he can and then
dive into food-but only till he staves off starvation.  He's not a rack of
bones but I'm always at least somewhat concerned.  He's been to the vets a
bizzillion times, blood work is ok, urine is ok, x-rays are always well....
looks ok but what the hell, half the time they wouldn't show a problem
anyway.

My suspicion that I would at least like to have a go at is some sort of
on again off again chronic ulcer - what's the latest and greatest in
antiobiotic treatment?  It seems like I've read a lot about improvements
lately - enough to be confused:) (Seems like I heard too there was better
stuff than flagyl out there which is good cuz I've never ever gotten a
drop in either him or Giesela).

Speaking of Giesela - she had adrenal surgery in August - all seemed to
go well.  But she's been sleeping way way more than normal the last week
or so.  I realize its that time of year and she's getting a bit older but
sheesh.  She seems to go then nap a lot faster too.  The vet said her
pancreas, blood work etc.  from the surgery checked out fine.  What else
should I be considering?  Someone was talking about cleaning agents - did
they say witch hazel?  Anyone got a good "recipe"?

T-SHIRT ALERT!  Go to www.mysteryseriesweek.com
If your a reader, especially of mysteries your going to love this!  Either
download the pocket calender and look at the cover logo or check out the
t-shirt photo itself.  (Sort of small - you cant see it as well).

Thanks in advance for the health answers I hope to get,
Mary

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;
even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other;
yea they have all one breath;
so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:
for all is vanity. "
Ecclesiastes 3:19