From:
"A. ANCHIETA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 19:35:54 -0600
Hola!

I am a one month subscriber to the FML but this is my first posting.  I have
two 6-month-old sable ferrets.  Our male is Mordecai and our female is
Cassie.  I also have a fourteen-year-old cat who isn't too thrilled about
discovering ferrets.

We just bought a Ferret Sleep Sack from Sheppard & Greene Pet Products. I
was very interested to find that our new sleepsack is "...very similar to
the sleep chambers found in ferret burrows in the wild." I am so glad
that my ferrets now feel so much closer to their roots:)

On the hissing thing.  Our ferrets learned hissing from our cat who hisses
and bats at them.(The cat is declawed).  They use it to get us to play with
them and as a signal to each other.  Cassie also looks you dead in the eye,
gives you a hiss, and then struggles to get away when you scold her.  The
cat also gets a large number of hisses aimed at her.

Cassie also licks tubs.  It hasn't bothered her so far.  It is just a little
wierd taking a shower with a ferret.

Rene & Amy

Cassie "But why can't I jump in the garbage?"
Mordecai "I know I can dig around this door, through this hamper, into
the matress..."
Mimi the Cat "The Evil Ogier"