From:
"CLF, AnimalFarm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:38:46 -0400
Hey ferret folks,

A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to start some kind of foster
organization for my area. Fred/Spot/Orange/ etc in VA. There are a few
shelters around me but are way far off and most people don't even know
they exist. So I sat down with a blank Webs page and through out the
name Toddle Tuff Ferret Rescue. It stuck and now I officially call my
efforts, and the program TTFR.

But my question is...Am I doing this right? I only have my non-profit
stats and not a 501 k. I want to get a 501 k but just can't afford it.
And I also want to be in my own place by than. Hoping to be in my own
place!!

I'm not asking for donations, nor do I ask a re homing fee. I do have
a contract for adopters to sign, and a form they fill out before hand.
Home checks required etc. So far I have properly re-homed 6 ferrets
with a bonded older pair having been re homed a few weeks ago.

My 12 residents don't get access to the new guys. And, technically I
am just a foster organization. Me, or a few friends watch over ferrets
that needed to be gone ASAP, right now, etc. The owners and us help
find them the proper home without being in stress of having to get rid
of them right than and there.

One more thing. My limit goes along like this. I have one sick cage
that is separate from the other kids, and one play-pen. That means I
can only take in pairs, or singles from ONE family at a time. It's sad
not being able to take them all but this way I don't feel over whelmed
in the end.

I also have the email of the lady in the dc area to possible set
something up that I could foster if need be, or we could work on re
homing some kids.

TTYL
Cara & The Awesome 12.

Ps- Right now I'm staying away from fosters until I get Dingo's failing
health settled, and Lelloo lupron shot.