Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:01:40 -0000
We currently have 13 ferrets, both sexes.  We had the latest additions a
week last Sunday.  2 x3 year old castrated hobs.  They had their own cage
and had never been with other ferrets before.  We allowed them time on
their own to get to know they layout downstairs for 2 days.  Then we let
a group of 5 ferrets already established out at the same time to play.
We covered their backs in ferretone.  When the 5 estabilshed boys met the
2 new arrivals all any of them were interested in doing was licking the
tone from each others backs.  We did this for another 3 days.  On day
seven , all of them were put in the same cage.  Within an hour they were
all asleep.  No hassle at all.  I don't think its just luck that they
get on.

All 13 ferrets were introduced in this way, and to date it's never
failed.  Maybe i've been lucky, i'm not sure, but the ferretone certainly
worked for us.

Cal