From:
Mellisa Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 03:46:23 -0600
Tonight we took in 3 foster ferrets!  The humane society that they were
surrendered to could not provide them with housing, so tonight we have 3
adorable ferrets quarantined at our home.  They came to us caked in their
own urine, smelling horribly, with a bad case of fleas.  Their "cages"
arrived with them.  Poor babies - they were housed in wire containers
less than a foot and a half in length.  They were introduced to their
first hammocks tonight and a roomier enclosure.  Given their condition,
I would have never expected them to be so loving and affectionate.

They were given baths, and rid of their flea problem.  Not one of
them even tired to bite, but they gave a lot of kisses!  Each is very
friendly, enjoys being held and given attention.  They have been
neglected, but at some point they must have been given a lot of love
to be such affectionate little ferrets.

If anyone local would be interested in adopting any of these ferrets,
please send me an email off list and I will reply with my phone number.
They will be quarantined for a few days at my home, given vaccinations,
and health issues will be treated.  I will give details of each ferret's
health issues and all details in a following email.  I hope to have some
pictures posted to my website soon, my digital camera seems to be having
problems tonight.

Happy holidays!

Mellisa Eberle