From:
David Morgenlender <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 22:22:29 -0400
Thanks everybody for all your help with Pebbles & finding a Boston vet!

Here's where things stand ... I received MANY responses recommending vets,
here, by email & in the ferret newsgroup.  There were at least 3 or 4 vets
who received multiple recommendations.  But the leader by far was Dr.
Karen Purcell at Wholepet Health (formerly Dr. Dan's) in Everett, MA.
So yesterday we took Pebbles to see her.

Dr. Purcell was great.  She sounded like she really knows her stuff, loves
what she does, and especially loves ferrets (she has 4 of her own).  As
expected she diagnosed Pebbles with adrenal disease, recommending surgery.
As a matter of fact, Pebbles fur loss has gotten noticeably worse over the
last few days, so this was no suprise whatsoever.  The good news is Dr.
Purcells found no other problems; she said Pebbles appears to be in great
health, besides the adrenal.  In fact, although we thought Pebbles was
too skinny, Dr. Purcell said she's fine for a female ferret.

Dr. Purcell spent a long time explaining the procedure, answering almost
all the questions on my long list, without my even asking.  She was
patient answering the remaining questions, not rushing us at all.

We ended up scheduling surgery for Pebbles in about 4 weeks.

Thanks again for you invaluable help, everybody!!!

Dave Morgenlender
e-mail: [log in to unmask]