From:
Lee Donehower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 15:58:32 -0500
To Russ Hazzon
RE: Car Riding
Martha liked to crawl under my seat in the car and consequently got covered
with grease every time...  usually just after having had a bath.  With the
addition of Snowball to the household, driving became dangerous with two
ferrets chasing each other under gas and brake pedals, etc.

I solved the problem with Pet Taxi from Walmart ($11.97).  They love the taxi
and promptly go to sleep in it.  I place the taxi on the front seat facing
forward so they can see out, and secure it with the seat/shoulder belt.  They
wake up when the engine is shut off and the door locks are popped:  "Oh
boy...  we're there!"  After long walks, they claw at the taxi to get in
while I'm fumbling to remove the leashes.

Lee Donehower
Omaha  NE