Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 18:37:55 +0000
Regarding the ferret transport project. I'm glad to hear that the
ferrets are safe. However, there is not a licensed CA ferret shelter
since ferrets are illegal in CA. Currently there is only one license in
the state to transport ferrets out of state and that is held by West
Coast Ferrets which is located in Sacramento. But I don't know if they
would be able to help in this situation since the ferrets were not
confiscated or at an animal shelter. And I don't know the legalities
regarding them just holding someone's personal ferrets that need to be
transported out of state.

I have got to Oregon a few times and there are no issues with getting
the ferrets over the state line. The issues are getting ferrets from
other states into California.

I don't know where the ferrets are but I am in the east bay, about 45
minutes from San Francisco and I could drive them a few hours up north
if I could meet someone that would be willing to drive them the rest of
the way into Oregon. Good luck.

Kimberly
President Northern California Ferret Alliance
www.ncferretalliance.org