From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:27:44 EDT
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret in the Brooklyn shelter
>
>What was the final outcome of this ferret.

We were never told other than the little one could not be taken out of the
shelter as he belonged to people who had been evicted from their apt.  They
were looking for new "digs" and depending on where they re-located, whether
they got the baby back.

My understanding of this shelter...the information came from a die-hard
rescuer on Long Island (someone I know personally from working with Akita
Rescue)...is that this shelter is extremely fussy who they adopt their
animals too.  You literally have to jump thru hoops to get one.  When my
friend contacted her "inside" contact, it was felt that whether this ferret
went back to his owners or was adopted out, it was safe and okay.  Thus it
was dropped.

I must admit I trusted the word of my rescuer friend.  I should have
written to thank all of you that responded who live down near the City.
I received at least 8 responses.  You all are/were so generous!  Thank you.

Barb and the 5 whirling dervishes...Gus, Zak, Hope, Bren and Meg

Please give to Aleutian Disease research...the ferret you save may be your
own!
http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom/index.html