From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:16:02 -0600
It is just too cute for words when they wrap their little fingers around
yours?  I love it when I put a little tone on their bellies, then stick
my finger in their paws.

And Miss Sugar curled up with me today.  She has been extremely ill with
insulinoma problems the last few days.  I had to take her to the vet and
we upped her meds.  After we got home, I put her in her sleep sack, and
then put that on the bed.  We took a nap together.

It was pure bliss.  My bliss is ferrets.

Oh who am I?  You know, I am that crazy Southern Celtic woman who lives
in Oklahoma.  I have four ferrets, Miss Sugar Magnolia, Littleman, Misha
and Gabrial.  I have two rats, Magnum and Higgins.  I also live with a
very loud mouthed Siamese named Connor.

Connor is a guard cat like all Siamese.  But he does it a bit
differently.  He doesn't like strangers, except for two men (in over
11 years).  And both turned out to be two complete loons.  Scary loons.
So now I just know to see how he is.  If he doesn't warm up to someone
right away, I know they are good peeps.

I have a website, not much on it right now as I am redesigning it.  But
hopefully soon it will have lots more interesting info on it.  It is
called Life, the Universe, and Ferrets

http://www.margaretmerchant.net

I used to have a very irregularly published online ferret zine.  Ferrets
United.  Due to my initial onset of lupus, I had to let it lapse.  But at
least I finally have the archives back up again.  Some very nice folks
have written some nice articles for me.  And of course I wrote some.

http://www.ferretsunited.net

And yes folks, I am extremely picky about how folks use language.  In
casual conversations it doesn't matter much.  But when passing along
extremely important information, it is very important to get the facts
correct.  And one shouldn't editorialize if you are passing on someone
else's information.

I used to be a reporter.  I have also been an advertising photographer.
With the help of a very gifted woman, I wrote an article on physical
therapy for ferrets about 10 years ago.  It was published in the now
defunct Modern Ferrets magazine.  It makes me happy her work is used
everywhere now.

I also started the Houston Area Ferret Association and worked in the
Houston area spreading information to get the codes changed for rabies
quarantine in ferrets.  I have also personally taken in around 30
rescues, most were bad biters.

Due to a real life stalker, I left Missouri.  Since even moving to Utah
didn't help stop the harassment, and since every list I was on was
getting tracked I stepped out of doing things for several years, shut
down my personal website, and in fact stopped going out.  But it didn't
help.  I have decided to just do what I want and forget about it.

So here I am back.  I want to thank all those who wrote me and got a
chuckle from my sarcastic nature.  You all made me laugh at your concise
and sometimes even shorthand responses.  It made me remember how I used
to write funny posts and get folks to laugh.  And that is always a good
thing.

And yes, I will always be a thorn in the side of anyone who spreads bad
information carelessly.  It is one thing to not realize what you say
isn't correct, another to have had it repeatedly pointed out to you and
do it anyway.

Many blessings,
Margie and her Fantastic Four