From:
Catherine Roebuck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:00:20 -0400
I would appreciate any advice  with this problem---at least  I think
it's a problem.

I have an eighteen month old female that I acquired in May from a friend
who operates a rescue and shelter.  About two months ago she started to
become very amorous (just downright horney) with our four boys.  Her vulva
was quite swollen, but no hair loss.  She was extremely frustrated, and
it was thought that her problem was adrenal or possibly not spayed.  Not
wanting to full around she had her left adrenal gland removed which was
large four weeks ago.  Here's the problem---her behavior has not changed,
and her vulva is still swollen.  She eats well, plays, but she wants those
boys----badly.  They get tired of her pestering them, and I have to put her
in her house for awhile, which does not make her happy.  Is it possible
that her hormone level is all messed up?  Will she ever calm down---she
is not aggressive.  She does not bother with the girls---just those boys.

I would appreciate any insight to Midget's problem, if it is a problem.
Thanks---God Bless all who have lost a baby recently.  We lost our first
September 15, due to ignorance on the part of the vet.  Hard lesson
learned, and the pain just doesn't seem to go away.

Cathy
Grandma to: Grendle, Kippi Ann, Roxie, Pooh Bear, Emmy Lou, Midget,
Bubba, Baxter

I Love Ferrets