From:
Mahlyssa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:47:32 -0500
Hi,

I am a bit worried about Zama.  For the past few days when we try to
give him his treats he doesn't want it.  He doesn't want the dog food he
absolutely loves (and only gets if one is dropped on the floor) - ignores
the kitten food which he loves as well.  He doesn't eat all day - but he
does drink.  Then around 11 when we go to bed and I put him in his cage -
he eats and eats and eats.  Then he sleeps for a bit and then eats and
eats and eats.

The last few days he's been sleeping a lot I think!!  I'm not really sure
cause I haven't been here during the day so I don't know if he is playing
while I am gone and sleeping when I come home.  This morning I let him up
at 9 and he ran around my room all morning and nose ticklin' me and
everything like normal.  He used to eat a lot during the day.  I don't
know if it is because it's because of the weather?  Or he's older now?
Or maybe he has a cold?

Last week he puked once.  but before I could get under the table to clean
it up.  he cleaned it up *gross* That's the only time he's ever puked -
other then when he was on the Fiesta food.He was doing some hardcore
weasel-warring /stalking massacring to the kitten and I thought he just
got him self too excited.  How do I know he's not doing it all the time
and "cleaning it up"

Right now he is confined in one room so I can watch him.  He spent all
day with me and only an hour ago fell asleep.  Today he seems fine.  I
would like to bring him to the vet - but my parents think I'm just
worrying too much cause Topaz sleeps all day and she just likes to run
around and pester Zena for about 20 minutes then her goal is food.and a
place to snooze.  I really can't afford at the moment to bring him to the
vet and make him do blood tests and x-rays if there is nothing wrong
(like I've done a million times in the past.)But if anyone here thinks I
should just go and have it done.  Then I definitely will do since most of
you guys have better experience then me!

He could even be mad at me!!  When I had my operation and came home - all
he did was beat me up - which wasn't fair cause I was too drugged and in
too much pain to pick him up and put him in the cage - my boyfriend just
watched and laughed..  Not nice all

I haven't been home in the last few days all day with him.  I was only
not home during the day for a month or so when we first got him.  Then I
went off sick and other then a day here and there I have been home.  I've
been at the local Humane Society because 17 cats were seized from a one
bedroom apartment.  There were 4 - 2 week old female kittens, 4 - 3 month
old male kittens, 1 - 3 month old female (who I fell in love with and
might possibly add her to my family :-)) and 1 - 8 month old female and
then 7 other cats ranging from 1 and 3 years old.  They are all
Himalayans - it was a "cattery."

None of them have ever been handled, they found the kittens in holes in
the wall and etc.  So I have been spending my time socializing them and
cleaning the kittens as they're bottoms are full of poop balls.  I have
been attempting to groom the older ones because there fur is just one big
mat - looks like we may have to shave them.  I will give them some time
to get used to me before I even attempt to brush them again *shows off
her war wounds*

I got the call on Saturday because they only have 2 workers and they
don't have the time to spend with these poor things, so I said I would
help - I have nothing better to do (like I could ever think of anything
better to do - since this is one of the best things I've done - I love
the kittens so much - that I realized I could never work at a shelter).
Well, I have been gone for most of the time - I make sure I shower at the
building so I don't bring anything home.  I walk straight to the laundry
room and change my clothing too - and then take another shower cause I'm
paranoid.

I don't think he has caught anything.  Am I just worrying too much??

I would prefer if you replied personally to me since that would be easier
(and quicker :-)) for me.

Thanks a million,

Mahlyssa