From:
"Petal D. Lavallee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 05:15:27 EDT
Coccidia is fairly common in ferrets.  ...
Be sure to disinfect your litter pans & poop scoops (and other poopie areas)
to prevent the spreading of the coccidia.  Many times coccidia continues
because the ferrets are re-infected via the litter pan.  Maybe try a bleach
solution & RINSE VERY WELL.  Wash your hands really well between holdings of
your fur kids & try to separate the ones that are over it so they don't get
re- infected...

Question. Is coccidia in ferrets spreadable to other species of animals?
We raise sheep and coccidia can be a very serious life threateing situaton
with small lambs.  We use a medicated feed for them because of this.