From:
Shelly Nice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 15:48:38 -0500
My precious Vanilla who has survived so many adventures and journeys with
me over the past 6 years is ruining my would-be wedding!  My boyfriend has
a Himalyian cat, Salem, that he ADORES.  She IS sweet, so I can't blame
him.  However, she's been very sheltered all of her life.

We started talking about getting married and the only major problem was
introducing the cat to the ferret.  I thought I did it right.  I brought
Vanilla down to his place, let them sniff each other while she was in the
cage, etc.  We even let them out for supervised "play."  It was all going
well...until...

Yup. Vanilla went for the jugular.  I didn't even notice it but the next
thing I knew, Salem went flying across the room with Vanilla attached to
her neck.  My beau had to rip them apart, Salem hid for THREE DAYS!  and
Vanilla got the boot (I can't really *blame* him for banning her...).

Vanilla NEVER attacks short hair cats.  Only long hairs.  Salem's too
dumb to smack Vanilla or fight back.  Now, everything is on *hold* until
a solution is found.

Help!  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Any advice?  Is there a peaceful
solution to ferrets and long hair cats???

Shelly Nice