From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 05:14:21 -0700
To Stacey: Pine litter is harmful to ferrets.  If you find the recycled
newspaper pellets too expensive I have a couple of suggestions for you.

Firstly, you do not need that many pellets.  They are very absorbent and
go a long way.  Another option is to use newspaper.  You can use it as
is or tear it into pieces.  I have litter boxes with just flat newspaper
sections, edges folded up the back and sides, and others done the same
way with the pellets sprinkled lightly over the paper, sometimes only
in a corner depending on the size of the box.  I use a dishpan, a large
potting tray, and even a boot tray.  I also find the clean up very easy
with this method.  Believe it or not, mine actually enjoy just a flat
section of newspaper.  Also makes poop inspection a breeze!

Inge