From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:04:26 -0500
I received a call from Steph at Ferret Services of Freedom.  Norton has
been failing for weeks, all the others recovered, but Norton now enjoys no
comfort, she is helping him to rest at the vets.  For a shelter Mom the
hardest part is letting go... we all know.  I have written this letter to
Norton that I would like to share with all the others shelter folks who
have been here before, and will in the future.

Dear Norton,
I know you are not angry that Mom Stephie had to help you leave.  You have
fought this battle so long, and were growing so very, very tired.  Auntie
sends her love and good wishes as you travel to the bridge -- wait for me
and you mom Stephie we will meet you there someday... Meanwhile I know that
there are lots of kids just waiting to play with you there -- some you have
met and played with before and others you have yet to meet.  You will feel
stronger the moment you arrive and will dance with joy once more.  The new
friends and old you now meet will give you the grand tour!

Farewell dear Norton please have fun you cute badger boy!  the rough and
tumble boy who ran out of energy and time.  You go with such love...please
say hi to Ewok for me?

auntie alicia
and the faces remaining at Ferret Wise

On days like these we need to take a few extra seconds to hug and cuddle
all we can-- for their time may short with us.

Blessings shelter folks.  On to a new year-- and hopefully fewer ferrets
needing shelters.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html