Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:06:38 -0500
Thank you so much for posting about Ferretsmagazine.com. In fact, they
already ran into trouble at one time. Bowtie who publishes your main
pet magazines, annuals, books, as well as many online magazines was
sold to another publishing company this past year. Many valuable
newsstand magazines and annuals were "cut". Its very, very sad. Some
people in Bowtie publishing lost their jobs. Writers lost their jobs.

But more importantly the most needy of all pet owners will not be
reached any longer. Impulse buyers at pet stores do not have those
magazines within reach at the registers anymore as they exit the
stores. People who unknowingly put animals at risk every day by not
researching them first and who wing it when they get home with them.
People that don't use or have access of the internet (yes there are
those that do not use it and those that cannot afford it). People
who would otherwise pick up a magazine on the way out the store that
contains life saving care information.

This has upset me a great deal. Ferrets magazine, as well as other pet
magazines, are now available online. And in some ways they are better
than the printed version as they are interactive. And because of the
great many links, vast amounts of accurate information is available at
your finger tips. Some of your favorite writers and experts are still
there.

The poster was right ... this online service is precious to animal
lovers and their pets. We NEED it immensely for so very many reasons.
It gives small business's and entrepreneurs a foot in the door and you
access to them for example. It helps other web sites and people thrive
online. It does so much more than I can list. And if there is no
viewership, no "clicks', it will suffer. And the effects of that would
be devastating. People will loose access to things that only the online
magazines offer. And people will resort to using many inaccurate web
pages as well flocking to social media that also supplies vast amounts
of wrong information.

I don't know what else to say ... to add. If you are like me, I know
you are very busy with life. And we have all gone to social media for
virtually everything in our lives and therefore it takes up a lot of
our time each day. But we need to support those who were there for
us and our ferrets all along. Those who were there for us at the
beginning. And those ... animals who so very badly need educated
owners. And that's what it's all about .. the animals.

Rebecca Stout aka Wolfy

ps, a tip: place Ferrets magazine in your bookmark tool bar right next
to Facebook, your mail, etc. It'll help you remember to visit the site.

Visit Ferrets Magazine!
http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets-magazine/default.aspx

Sean and Rocky:
http://www.wolfysluv.com/sean.html