From:
Kelly Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:44:09 EST
Hello everyone!

Just thought I would throw in an update on Squeak.  After 2 hours and 3
sets of x-rays (ha ha, little wiggle worm) our vet showed us the area
around the lungs which appeared fuzzy.(my interpretation:) This indicates
some type of infection, we are hoping bacterial and not fungal.  He is on
Cefadroxil . 5 cc 2xs per day for 14 days, then we will go in for more
x-rays.  The good news (if I can call it that) is that Squeak loves the
stuff, its orange flavored.  Hopefully this will take care of it and my
little tornado will be back to full capacity.

Our vet did mention it could be fungal, not likely because they usually get
it from bird droppings.  We have no birds, but we did keep them in an old
bird cage the first week we had them, it hadn't had a bird in it for over 4
years and I scrubbed it before they went in it.  I do have a down comforter
which they love to play under.  Has anyone had any experiences with fungus
that affected the respiratory tract?  We are certainly hoping its bacterial
because our vet said it will be nearly impossible to treat a fungus.  Any
imput would be great.

Another questions I have is regarding bug bombs.  We are going to be moving
into a condo and the previous owner had a cat.  The carpets are only 4
months old but I wanted to bomb the place in case of fleas.  I was
wondering if vacuuming afterwards is good enough or if the entire idea is
bad.  I assume the pesticide settles in the carpet and I do not want my
carpet sharks getting sick.  If anyone has any experience or ideas I would
greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all in advance, and take care!
Extra kisses to all the fuzzies:)
Happy Valentine's Day!

Kelly,
Squeak & Raider