From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:41:23 -0500
Sandee, please welcome Jersey.  We helped him cross the Bridge earlier
this evening.  Jersey was the "leader of the pack" of the Perrysburg
Polecats, and had a very special place in my heart.  This little silver
mitt guy was sooo smart - he solved problems better than any other ferret
I ever met.  And when he figured it out he taught all of the others so
they could join in the mayhem.  One of his best ecapades was finding a
way to drag the water lilies out of the pond in the courtyard, and stash
them under the sofa in the living room!

The end of September, J suddenly lost the use of his back legs.  His trip
to the vet turned into an operation to remove a mass in his abdomen and a
diagnosis of lymphoma.  Since then he had lots of good days, and some not
so good days.  He watched as his friends Smudge and Freckles crossed the
bridge, but he wasn't ready to give up yet.  This past week he danced and
ran a little bit, and it was a joy to watch him.

He started fighting taking his meds; even drinking water seemed to cause
him pain.  Pain meds helped for a short while, but he no longer had a
sparkle in his eyes, and I knew it was time.

Please help him find Kirby, his old kitty friend, his ferret buddy
Ragamuffin who's been there a while, and his buddies Freckles and
Smudge whose wings probably aren't even dirty yet.

Peg and the rest of the Polecats - Frolic, Snickers, Spunky and Guinness,
and Doppler the cat