From:
Kathy Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:55:59 EST
Just wanted everyone to know.  I got a phone call today from the local pet
store.  The girl told me that she had just spoken to someone at Marshall
Farms.  Apparently, there is a virus now out affecting the different age
groups of ferrets.  She said to keep them separated and that if any of the
fuzzies start showing signs of diahrea (sp?), weight loss, cold symptons
to take to the vet.  It is contagious and can be deadly!  I spoke with a
friend about this and she said it sounds like ECE.  PLEASE!!!  everyone, if
your fuzzy shows any of these signs, either get them to the vets or if you
feel you're able to, read up on treating ECE and do everything possible!
Don't let anything happen to your fuzzy!