From:
Tracy Navratil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 11:35:24 -0500
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me figure out what might be
going on with my fuzzy, Tango.  He is a 13 1/2 week old male, sable, MF.
I've had him since he was six weeks old.  He has always been extremely
playful and in good health.  Here's the situation & symptoms:

About a week & a half ago, Tango began to become a little less playful and
seemed to be sleeping more.  He started licking my arms and legs for the
longest times, refusing to let me go (he has never done that...he would
rather be off exploring or playing with my other fuzzy, Chico).  When I
would get up in the morning, he would play a bit then lay down at my feet
while I was getting ready for work, just like a puppy.  Never seen him do
that before.  Well, I took him to the vet last Friday for his booster shot
and the vet said he seemed to be fine, a little tired, but fine.  Friday
night, he seemed to be okay, I figured he was tired from the shot.  Saturday
morning I noticed he had really bad, slimy diarrhea and was still not very
playful.  He would walk around and sometimes plop down for a quick rest.
Sunday, his diarrhea continued and by the evening he became very limp in my
arms.  He never lets me hold him and all weekend he always wanted me to
pick him up and love him without putting up a fight.  Monday morning his
diarrhea was pretty much gone.

Monday morning I called my vet ASAP and I asked him if Tango was having a
reaction to the shot.  I also mentioned that over the weekend, I realized
that maybe Tango had caught my cold.  The vet thought that that was very
possible.  He gave me some Clavamox (antibiotic) to start Tango on
immediately.  Well, Tango has been on it for four days now.  He has showed
just a tad bit of improvement, but he is still licking my arms/legs
profusely and isn't very active.  I found a small piece of foam in his
stool, I was devastated to find it!  I hope there is no more inside him.  He
eats regularly and seems to be pooping okay (he has been going outside his
litter pan, why, I don't know, he always used to use it).  Does anyone know
what may be going on...even if he had caught my cold, I have noticed he was
even a little tired even before I got my cold, that's why I think it might
be something else.  Please let me know what you think.  Thank You!  :-)

Tracy
Tango & Chico