From:
"Mary-Michael Scanlon (Digital MLS+, ZK03-2/X44)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 09:43:39 -0400
I use a product called Novalescan (sp?) to clean their cages.  It is a
cleaner/disinfectant.  It's what judges use in show halls to clean their
hands and platforms with between handling animals.  Many feline breeders use
it.  Some will even spray you down with it before you enter their homes or
pick up their animals.  It is non-toxic as far as I know.  Rocky got into
the jug when he accidently got shut in the closet about six months ago, and
apart from being an extremely blue blue point Birman for a couple of weeks
even afer bathing (Novalescan is dark blue in concentrate) he's just fine.
It comes concentrated in a gallon jug and you just mix a small amount with
water in a spray bottle.  It costs about $50 a jug, but it lasts a long
time.  I use it in place of most of my household cleaners (I even wash the
bathroom floors with it) so I know that there are no cleaner residues where
the fuzzies run.  I clean ferret and feline litter boxes with it.  Best of
all, it has little odor, a big plus since clorine bleach gives me an asthma
attack.  I highly recommend it.  The only problem is finding it :-(.  Your
garden variety pet store doesn't usually carry it.  Places that carry horse,
livestock and/or kennel supplies are more likely to.

Mary-Michael
Cleo, Jenny, Rommel, Troubles, Prince & Nova (the ferrets)
Red, Rocky, Moki, Mips & Belle (the felines)