From:
Laurel Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 17:04:04 -0800
I wanted to let those people who responded to me on Fathead's loss of hair
know that he seems fine - bouncing off walls and turning summersaults in his
patchy new coat of fur.  He has a few orange spots under the new hair, but
is otherwise as handsome as his fathead will allow.

Re: Marshall Farms debate
"Everybody here feels very righteous about Ferret experiments but 10 min
after writing his article to the FML goes to brush his teeth with some fancy
brand name tooth paste or put on make up that was experimented on live
animals (and pretty sure ferrets too)."

I must say that I agree, here.  If animal testing bothers you (95% of it
bothers me) then perhaps one of the best long run ways of stopping it is to
make sure that what you buy doesn't use animal testing.  Proctor and Gamble
is one large offender.  My SO just stopped using the deoderant he'd used for
10 yrs after finding out it made by them.  There are plenty of alternatives
out there.  On a plus note, I believe that GM stopped impact testing on
ferrets fairly recently.