From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:17:59 -0400
I had to recently figure it for Hilbert, who was okay for a few days
then went and had what looked for all the world like an acute asthma
attack (which scared him but was not severe though it probably was an
actual acute asthma attack) about a half hour ago. That is my fault; we
got hung up at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, getting my non-driver's ID
which I need for some upcoming things, and two detours for road work,
one or which got us lost so he had his med a little later than he
should have.

The box of the one we have says that a teaspoon (volume) has 12.5 mg
of the med itself (weight) in this concentration.

A teaspoon is about 5 ml.
12.5/5 gets to 2.5 mg per ml.
Since the amounts given are usually multiples of a tenth of the ml:
0.1 ml has 0.25 mg of Benedryl.
So, 0.2 ml has 0.5mg, 0.3 ml has 0.75 mg, 0.4 ml has 1.0 mg of
Benedryl by weight, etc.

Having this handy may simplify things but check the box for the
concentration to see yours is also the same concentration.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: